Monday, May 4, 2009

Kate and 8 minus Jon?


I love Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC. I have seen and can probably quote every episode ever shown. Of course I was shocked to see this article on my Yahoo home page when I logged onto the Internet last Tuesday. 
I was horrified! How could he even think about cheating? What about all of his kids? This lead of course to me googling divorce rates. I found that the media projects that 50% of marriages will end in divorce and there is a 61% chance that the couple has children under the age of 18. For these kids of divorced parents there is a 33% chance that they will drop out of high school.
 I know that seems pretty drastic. I have many friends who have divorced parents and they graduated at the top of the class. I think that divorce can be a tough time for anyone in the family just because everyone feels like it is their fault, that they didn't do something right. I hope for the Gosselins that they will work through their problems and that everything will be fine. I mean who could fight when you have such adorable children? 

No comments: