Monday, May 4, 2009

Coming to a Close

I can not believe that it is finally here. The end of my freshman year at SMU. It seems like only last month, I was saying good bye to my parents out front of Moody Coliseum and heading off to corral. Now here I am getting ready to pack up and head back home. 
This year has been very life changing. I've lived on my own; no parents telling me when and where to be, what to do, etc. I have had to learn to organize my time between work and play. I am glad I took this experience leaving the comfort of my parent's nest and flying on my own, but I am ready to go home though. Not having to worry about what is due the next day and if I want to go out with friends with no academic repercussions.  It will be hard the first few days, getting back under my parents roof, going by their rules, doing things when they want.  It will become routine again and before I know it, I will be back in Dallas, getting ready to go off to corral. This time though I will be the leader, not the scared freshman. 

No comments: