Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dirty Little Secret

Hello my name is greek girl and I have a problem....I watched this season of ABC's The Bachelor. I usually hate that show, encouraging 25 women fight and back stab each other to win the love of a guy you have never met before. For some reason though, this season I thought it would be better, the bachelor, Jason, seemed like a really good almost perfect guy, single dad trying to raise his son and still have a fantastic career as an account executive. I was so happy when he also picked the perfect girl, Melissa. 
Then like the rest of America I was shocked when he told Melissa on the Final Rose special that he wanted to see other people and he still had feelings for the runner up who had ripped him to shreds on the season finale. I mean WHO DOES THAT?! Especially on National TV. He later said in interviews that he had to do it that way because ABC was making him and that Melissa knew before hand. Still couldn't he have waited like the other God knows how many Bachelor/Bachelorette couples and done it in private. I felt like he really let Melissa down, no girl would ever want to be broken up with on TV, but breaking off an engagement? He humiliated her in front of everyone in the United States, let alone her parents, friends, exes.
 I may be over reacting, but what does any one else think? Did he make the right decision by breaking it off on TV?

No comments: